Webinars and Videos
The Benefits of Employee Ownership Explained
The benefits of employee ownership are not well understood. Attracting and retaining skilled talent is becoming more and more of a challenge. Yet many very talented people chose to work for smaller companies for less money and a better work/life balance.
If you employ a team and want to get the most out of them, here’s some ideas.
What Will You Get from this Webinar?
- An understanding of what employee ownership is
- What the key benefits are
- What needs to happen to get employees thinking and behaving like owners
ESOP’s allow employees connect to the equity in their company. The intention is that they will think and act like business owners. It creates an incentive structure which aligns employees’ lifestyle and financial goals with business objectives. The result is a cohesive and committed team. They are all working toward and sharing the benefits of a successful and profitable business.
This happens with businesses that use Employee Share Ownership Plans.
As Warren Buffet says “Employees are keen to climb the ladder to equity. But someone needs to provide the ladder.”
There is a step up in performance and attitude when a business owner shows the employees how they can benefit from the increase in profitability and capital value of the business. It’s not “giving it away”. It’s sharing part of something that is bigger because everyone is part of it. When they are part of the rewards of their labours, employees feel more valued. Having clarity on what they need to do to improve value leads to the actions necessary to achieve the outcomes.
To find out more:
- read our blog about ownership from an employee perspective
- For more details on individual employee share ownership schemes, down load our white paper “Building Value Through Employee Ownership”
- Read the next article in this series
- Give us a call to find out more about how to take the first steps
For more about employee ownership click here to read our e-book “BUILD IT”
Oops! We could not locate your form.